The easiest way to start getting your gut back in shape is to feed it the right foods but there are other ways to help things along. So how can we start making things better?
1. Shoes off - Start interacting with your environment again. Get out in the local park and take your shoes off for a walk on the grass. We pick up a lot of our bacteria from our environment. Just by going for a walk outside, even with shoes on, you are picking up all the bacteria and bringing it back into your house. It is meant to be there. Stop cleaning your house with powerful antibacterial products. Gardening is also great. Unfortunately in our current housing arrangements we don’t all have the luxury or time to have a veggie patch. Some simple pots with herbs or strawberries might be a great place to start but make sure you use organic potting mix.
2. Fasting - Not only are you allowing your whole digestive tract a chance to go into cleaning mode but there are also specific bacteria that rely on these times in order to thrive. Fasting does not mean you have to go for days without eating. It can be as simple as just reducing the amount of calories you put in your mouth on one or two days a week. A really easy way to do this is to skip breakfast so you are not eating from dinner until lunchtime the next day. If you can just consume water during this period it is even better and you will be amazed at how good you feel.
GET GUTSY TODAY
3. Exercise - Yes, we know that we need to do exercise to keep our bodies healthy and moving but what has it got to do with our gut? Studies are now being run that are showing that exercise assists in the diversity of the gut biome. Exercise typically helps us get out into our environment more also (See point 1), unless you have a gym in your office. Go for a walk in the park, find some stairs to run up and down or go for a surf, my personal favourite. It does not have to take a lot of time, if you have not heard of it before, checkout High Intensity Training (HIT). You can knock off a workout in minutes.
4. Sleep - Having a good night sleep definitely makes us feel better in the morning but unfortunately a bad night sleep not only makes us tired but can have an effect on the hormones that help us make good food choices. There are a lot of things that can impact our sleep, stress being one of the biggest and we live in a world full of it. Some tips for getting a better sleep are to switch off all devices at least an hour before you go to bed, get some exercise in during the day (See point 3), try and build a sleep routine and avoid eating or drinking booze late at night. Having booze free nights will make a dramatic difference on your quality of sleep but if you are having a couple try to stop drinking, and eating, several hours before you go to bed.
BUY GUTSY NOW
5. Food - And then we get to food. When we think about eating we need to be thinking about eating for two or trillions in fact. Everything you consume needs to contain food that keeps the human part of you nourished but also needs to have some leftovers for the friends in your gut. The term we give to the food that they eat is prebiotics. We can consume both probiotic and prebiotic rich food. Probiotic foods will actually contain live organisms that will add to the ones that already exist and prebiotic food will feed the ones that are down there already. Both of these types of foods are important for a healthy gut.
Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world and getting all the right foods all the time is not always possible. Supplementing your diet with probiotic supplements can be a great way to help keep up the levels of probiotics in our gut. Gutsy Probiotic Drink Sachets just make this really easy and delicious. No more popping pills, that is so 90’s. Just adding a sachet to your water bottle each day makes consuming probiotics a true pleasure.
Written by Ben Gray, CEO at Gutsy Life
GIVE GUTSY PROBIOTIC DRINKS A TRY
Copyright: <a href='https://www.123rf.com/profile_anyka'>anyka / 123RF Stock Photo</a>